Monday 9 July 2012

dogmatter: a practical explanation of the Higgs Boson thingymebob

Observe the dogmatter in the foreground
The discovery of the Higgs Boson (HB) thingy (aka the god particle) made headlines around the world (and beyond) as physicists rejoiced over the confirmation of HB's involvement in the creation of mass (or something like that).

To be honest, somewhere deep inside the inner lining of my guts I've known HB existed all along except I didn't have a name for it. 

Here's proof: I have found evidence that HB is at work in our upstairs bathroom - under the vanity, the dirty clothes basket and around the toilet. I'm amazed and intrigued that, even though the dog is not allowed upstairs, her fur can be found in the amassed particles that I wipe away with a wet sponge on a weekly basis.

The dog says it's just dogmatter, which leads me to speculate about the dog particle and dogs in space. 

I don't think this is going anywhere... it doesn't really matter.

I think I might just go and watch the end of Revenge with Spanner and get sucked into a black hole... 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your dog doesn't say much, but she sounds very smart. I am enjoying her profound comments on ordinary issues.

Anonymous said...

Where is Mr July?

Shayne said...

He's coming. Figuratively speaking, that is. I'm finding it hard to scan his bottom properly.