Monday 7 May 2012

Drama on the high seas: Byron Bay Winter Whales Ocean Swim Classic postponed but we still swam it

Byron Bay was wonderful as always except for the dramatic turn of events on Sunday when the Byron Bay Winter Whales Ocean Swim Classic was postponed at the last minute due to rough conditions. The event has been rescheduled for June 3. 

My mate Mr Very Big and I - lemmings/eejits/nongs/rebels/losers/daredevils (circle the correct answer or all of them) that we are - followed the other dissidents into the surf at Wategos and did the swim, with a flagrant disregard for authority.

Was it the right or the wrong decision for a woman of a certain age (and a man who doesn't think he's of a certain age)? I'll let you know tomorrow (after I'm home from work in the real world - YAWN).

Here's the story that ran in the local paper The Northern Star (love that name Bizzy Butterworth):

 
And here are some pics of one the most beautiful places in the world.





1 comment:

Agate said...

Thanks for sharing various events with me, actually I found this while searching for Writer's Event in Byron Bay.