Tuesday 6 March 2012

My short story won the Little Gems Diamond Short Story Contest: good news on my writing blog


This is a Bali Sunset

I never write on my writing blog because I never write. 

That's not quite correct. Occasionally I turn over the creative sods and it's finally paid off. 

I won the 2012 RWA Little Gems Diamond contest for my short story Bali Sunset.

The good news arrived via email last week and I'm still dazed and confused. I pipped 86 other entries to take out first prize: some money (it will cover the other contests I've entered over the years) and my story's inclusion in the 2012 Little Gems Diamond Short Story Anthology

You can read more about it over at my Wordpress blog - there's a link to it in the right-hand column. 

If you're not winning in the ocean, there has to be some sort of compensation. Maybe I can bring my winning streak into my swimming?

2 comments:

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Congratulations. It is a great achievment. :)

Shayne said...

Thanks Suzanne. I'm chuffed.